Babysitter Childcare Support Voucher Program
Since 2017, Gunma University has used the “Babysitter Home Visit Program System” conducted by the All Japan Childcare Services Association (ACSA) under a contract from the Cabinet Office. Gunma University partially subsidizes the fees when an employee of the university uses home childcare services, and the university has started the “Babysitter Childcare Support Voucher Program” for supporting employees who must balance both work and childcare.
||Staff employed by the university (for part-time employees, limited to employees who are paying social insurance) who have a spouse who is working or hospitalized, or staff who otherwise have difficult situations where they cannot work unless they use this service
|Eligible children ages
||Age 0 to 3rd grade in elementary school (up to 6th grade for children with disabilities)
|Conditions of use
- The babysitter service may only be used for enabling the employee to attend work.
(Vouchers can be used at the babysitter companies within Gunma prefecture shown below.)
- Vouchers can be used for childcare or assistance within the home of the user (use outside the home is not allowed) and for requesting pick-up at childcare facilities by the babysitter.
- This applies to services that are 2,200 yen or more per day.
(This does not include membership fees, transportation costs, cancellation fees, insurance fees, and other fees related to providing of services.)
||2,200 yen per household per day
(1 voucher per day, for services costing 2,200 yen or more)
|How to use
||Enter into a usage contract with a babysitter company selected from the list of companies that accept the voucher (see URL below), and then submit an application.
- A voucher is required for each usage.
- Vouchers are valid until March 31, 2018. Please be sure to return any unused or unneeded vouchers to the Gender Equality Office (Aramaki).
The university incurs added costs when returning any extra vouchers to the Association, and so try to plan ahead as much as possible for how many vouchers you will use.
- Be sure to enter into a contract (registration) with a babysitter company before applying. (A copy of the contract (registration form) is required when applying for the first time.)
Also, if you changed your babysitter company and entered into a new contract, please submit a copy of the contract (registration form) to the person in charge.
- One voucher can be used per household per day, a maximum of 24 vouchers can be used in one month, and a maximum of 280 vouchers can be used in one year.
- Even if a babysitter is used twice in one day, only one voucher can be used.
- Even if a couple has separate vouchers, only one voucher can be used per household per day.
- Vouchers can be used for children up to 3rd grade in elementary school and for children up to 6th grade in elementary school if special childcare is required.
(The phrase “children up to 6th grade in elementary school if special childcare is required” refers to children who have a disabled person’s ID or similar documentation.)
- Vouchers cannot be used for pick-up at the childcare facilities operated by the company accepting vouchers where the babysitter belongs.
- Vouchers can only be used at the home of the staff member, and so please ask the babysitter to fill in the usage location (prefecture name).
- Vouchers cannot be lent or transferred to another person. Also, vouchers cannot be used retroactively before the distribution date.
Because vouchers are submitted to the babysitter when using the service, submitting when not using the service is not allowed.
- Please be aware that the usage method, usage conditions, and number of allowed usages may be subject to reevaluation or changes depending on the level of usage, budget, and other reasons.
Companies Where Babysitter Vouchers Are Accepted
The babysitter companies that accept vouchers are limited to those specified by the All Japan Childcare Services Association (ACSA) under a contract from the Cabinet Office. For the companies accepting vouchers, see the All Japan Childcare Services Association (ACSA) website (URL below).
*Information on the companies accepting vouchers is constantly changing, and so please check the above website for the latest information. For details on contracts, please inquire at the respective babysitter company.
*Be sure to enter into a contract (registration) with a babysitter company before applying to the Gender Equality Office.
Gunma University, Gender Equality Office, Contact: Nagayasu (Coordinator), Ueda (Specialized Staff)
Tel.: 027-220-7146 Aramaki Campus, Liberal Arts Building GC 103